America Honda Motor has a press release announcing the certification of five LEED Buildings. Honda calls attention to the data center in the press release.
American Honda Motor Co. Certifies Five Green Buildings in U.S. This Year
Honda's Data Center First Silver-certified in the Country
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. has certified five new green buildings under the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) standards this year as part of an effort to further reduce the environmental impact of Honda's operations and products in the U.S. One of these facilities - Honda's Data Center in Longmont, Colo. - is the first LEED Version 2.2 Silver certified data center in the country. Data centers are considered difficult to certify because of their large energy consumption.
Honda's five LEED-certified facilities this year include:
- LEED-EB Platinum - Northwest Regional Facility in Gresham, Oregon;
- LEED-NC Gold - Honda R&D America's Acura Design Studio in Torrance, Calif.;
- LEED-NC Gold - American Honda's Midwestern Consolidation Center in Troy, Ohio;
- LEED-NC Gold - Honda Aircraft Company World Headquarters, Greensboro, N.C.; and,
- LEED-NC Silver - Data Center in Longmont, Colo.