GigaOm has an interview Amazon's Jeff Bezos about Amazon Web Services.
This video confirms 2 reasons why I think AWS is successful. Being a retailer, Amazon has low margins and needs to be efficient. (they know how to do pricing to maximize profit.) And, being a retailer, they have to hit dates to meet retail schedules (no compromises on delivery).
Here are more details for you to digest.
- How and when Amazon began its cloud computing effort.
- Why Amazon has become an innovator with Amazon Web Services and how it relates to their core business of being an online retailer.
- Whether or not Wall Street recognizes Amazon’s cloud efforts.
- What’s next for Amazon Web Services.
- Whether or not Amazon has plans for a VC fund or for cloud computing startups.
For even more info about Amazon’s cloud computing efforts, join us at our upcoming conference, Structure ‘08, where CTO Werner Vogels will be delivering a keynote address.