Sun has announced a new download for Sun HW and Solaris OS to monitor the power consumption.
Sun Intelligent Power Monitoring Service
Sun's Intelligent Power Monitoring Service is a Smart Energy solution for the data center that makes it possible for you to improve power efficiencies by monitoring, reporting and forecasting energy consumption, cooling requirements and load utilization of server and storage devices.
Make more efficient use of energy consumption, cooling requirements and load utilization for server and storage devices in your data center while maintaining system uptime, so you can:
- More effectively plan for capacity expansion or unexpected changes by accurately assessing and forecasting dynamic power consumption.
- Reduce your carbon footprint by ensuring adherence to eco-responsible policies.
- Know whether your eco-efficiency investments return real energy savings.
- Lower energy costs and take advantage of energy rebates that yield additional savings.
This affordable service is ideal for all data centers: small, medium and large. Provides immediate insight to help you:
- Reduce data center operating costs by optimizing energy consumption
- Enable departmental charge-back for energy consumption
- More accurately plan for facility expansions, new sites or moves
- Better manage power utility or facility constraints
- Meet emerging regulatory requirements for energy reporting
- Take advantage of financial incentives from energy companies
I am going to try the folks at Digital Sense as they use Sun blade servers for their high density computing, and se if they have given this solution a try.