REI has a job posting for a Summer Intern.
REI has a opening for our summer 2012 EDF (Environmental Defense Fund) Climate Corps Fellowship. This temporary assignment is expected to commence in mid May and conclude in late August, 2012.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 30-40 hours (flexible).
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to support REI’s Corporate Social Responsibility Program (CSR) and REI’s cross-divisional Energy Team as a participant in EDF’s Climate Corps program.
In order to work for REI through EDF Climate Corps, you must apply individually to REI. If you are concurrently applying through EDF to be considered for other company placements, please inform both parties in writing via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
I was totally surprised that data centers get mentioned.
As an EDF Climate Corps Fellow, you will be matched with a leading company to serve as an energy efficiency change agent. EDF provides the following training and resources throughout your summer:
• 3-day training in energy efficiency strategies for commercial buildings and data centers.
• EDF Climate Corps Handbook
• Summer Call series with experts on topics relevant to fellow workplans.
• Fellow check-in calls facilitated by EDF to share best practices
• Access to online forums, collaboration tools, EDF experts, and up-to-date energy efficiency resources
• A network of current and future sustainability leaders across sectors and regions that will last beyond the summer
If you know of a college student studying in sustainability, here is a job they should consider.
This role will include technical, environmental, and financial analysis. This intern will contribute to a fast-paced, smoothly-run organization by utilizing effective communication, teamwork, organizational skills, accuracy, creativity, and productivity. Responsibilities require independence and judgment while providing operational, administrative, and project support with a minimum of direction, as well as performing associated duties as assigned by the CSR Manager. Intern is expected to use their knowledge of sustainable business principles to guide their work and communication with colleagues.
The Intern reports to the CSR Manager and will also work with the cross-divisional Energy Team.