NetworkWorld references an HP study.
Will data centers transform in 2009?
Enterprise IT shops won't be able to fully overhaul in their data centers in 2009
Despite the benefits of virtualization and the compact nature of blade servers, many enterprise IT shops won't be able to fully overhaul in their data centers in 2009. A recent HP commissioned survey found that some 20% of 600 technology decision makers plan to initiate a "complete transformation" of their data centers. The remaining 80% intend to implement individual transformation projects including automation (64%), green IT (60%), operations management (59%), virtualization (59%) and business continuity (58%).
The author makes it seem bad only 20% are planning a complete transformation. I think that is good. And, in the remaining 80%, 60% plan Green IT projects.